The Hawaiian island of Maui is known for its wonderful landscapes and plentiful sunshine. Visitors to Maui are increasing every year and the reason is that there is something for everybody to indulge in. The top things to do in Maui are:
- A drive on the Road to Hana – Highway 360 is also known as the Road to Hana and it is one of the most wonderful highways and you can drive through the rainforest and enjoy the views of waterfalls along the shore. Most people will stop time and again to take in the scenic beauty on offer. If you want to enjoy a great drive you should start your drive early in the morning. There are many hair pin bends in the route and if you are prone to motion sickness it is better to take medication before the journey or go slowly.
- Maui helicopter tours – The scenic beauty of Maui can be enjoyed aerially. You can opt for a helicopter ride Maui and take in the various sights and enjoy a bird’s eye view of the surroundings. You can view the coastline in all its magnificence; you can view the crater, the waterfalls and much more.
- Snorkeling – The serene beaches and the wonderful sunsets are just a part of the beauty of Maui, the real beauty lies under the waters of the Pacific Ocean. Snorkeling is huge in Maui and you can easily get the right snorkelling gear here and you can go exploring the underwater species. You can check out the schools of fishes, turtles as well as the beautiful coral in the waters.
- Haleakala National Park – This is one of the major attractions in Maui because it houses the largest dormant volcano in the world. The Haleakala mountain can be seen from anywhere in the island. To reach the summit you need to climb more than 10,000 feet above sea level. The roads are winding and if you have motion sickness make sure to drive slowly and keep the windows open to let the air in. The top of the summit can be chilly so keep warm clothes handy. From the top you can go down until you reach the mouth of the dormant volcano. If you like to take photographs you will get a great opportunity to take photographs of the wonderful landscape. There are many trails and you can hike and enjoy the beauty that nature has to offer.
- Kaanapali Beach – If you like laze in the sand then Kaanapali beach is the place to head to. This beautiful beach is 3 miles in length and you can enjoy a great time here. There are many hotels and resorts in and around the beach. Swimming in the ocean here is not recommended as the currents can be strong here. If you are lucky you can spot whales too.